Angelica Root has part of the familiar flavour and aroma that makes up gin. Use in an infusion of vodka with other herbs and spices to create a 48-hour botanical gin or add to your still to create a distilled version. Try the gin infusion recipe below or for a printable version visit: https://newzealandherbalbrew.co.nz/gin-infusion-recipe/
Angelica Root Ingredients
Certified Organic Angelica Root (Angelica archangelica)
- Convenient re-sealable pouch that contains 35g dried root pieces.
Warnings, Interactions, Contraindications
- None known.
Dosage & Serving Details
- Use for gin making or take as a tea.
- Drink up to 2 cups of tea per day.
- Add 1 level teaspoon to 250-300mL of boiled water and allow to brew (steep) for 3-5 minutes.
Gin Infusion Recipe
After trialing several different infusions, this one was the winner by a mile by our gin enthusiast relatives! Its the grapefruit that really gives it a lovely lift and vibrancy.
1 litre vodka
16g Juniper Berries
4g Angelica Root
4x Cardamom Pods
12g Coriander Seeds (crush lightly)
3.5g Liquorice Root
2g Cinnamon (cassia) – either pieces or quills (not powder)
1/6 teaspoon (yes, one sixth of a teaspoon or 1/2 gram) Orris Root Powder
4 teaspoons fresh grapefruit peel
- Decant the vodka into a large glass jar.
- Mix all botanicals in with the vodka, stirring well.
- Place the lid on allow to sit for 48 hours.
- You can either give the jar a shake (if the lid seals properly) or give it a stir a couple of times during the 48 hours.
- Strain and enjoy with your favourite tonic or mixer.