Dried Cornflowers are a lovely addition to teas. Whilst they only impart a very subtle flavour and aroma, they do bring a beautiful, vibrant blue colour. Our Dried Cornflowers are Certified Organic and can also be used to decorate baking and salads or used as a garnish for meals.
Cornflower uses have been recorded in history as far back as Greek mythology. The Greeks regarded Cornflowers to have healing properties. They are known to contain tannins (like tea has) which can act as an astringent. In the northern hemisphere, Cornflowers are known as ‘batchelor’s buttons’ and were worn in old times by young women to show their ‘unmarried’ status in the hope of attracting a suitor.
Dried Cornflowers Ingredients
Certified Organic Dried Cornflower Petals.
- Small jar (NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)
- Pouch contains approximately 15g of Dried Cornflower Petals $11.99
Warnings, Interactions, Contraindications
- Do not consume Cornflowers if you have a daisy family (Asteraceae) allergy .
- No other known warnings or contraindications.
Dosage & Serving Details
- Drink as a tea up to three cups of tea per day.
- Add one heaped teaspoon of tea to 250mL of boiled water and allow to brew (steep) for 3-5 minutes.