Hibiscus flower tea makes a beautiful crimson, fruity-tasting tea which is lovely served over ice with slices of orange or strawberries and fresh mint sprigs. It can be sweetened with stevia or fruit juice, or made into a lovely spritzer using the stevia version of Chi Original fizzy drink.
Hibiscus has traditionally been used to assist in lowering blood pressure and can have a cooling effect on the body.
All of our herbal teas / herbal supplements are made using New Zealand ingredients (where possible) or sourced from certified organic international growers.
See our recipes using Hibiscus Flower Tea:
Hibiscus & Pomegranate Cooler: https://newzealandherbalbrew.co.nz/product/hibiscus-flower-tea/
Hibiscus & Rose Cookies: https://newzealandherbalbrew.co.nz/product/rose-buds-pink/
Hibiscus Flower Tea Ingredients
Certified Organic Hibiscus Flowers
- $17.99 for a large jar that contains approximately 65g of tea. (Currently unavailable)
- $11.99 for convenient re-sealable pouch; contains approximately 45g of tea.
Warnings, Interactions & Contraindications
- Literature suggests that there are no warnings, interactions or contraindications for Hibiscus flower tea. However, if you are taking blood pressure lowering medication and wish to drink hibiscus tea on a regular basis, please check with your healthcare professional first.
Dosage & Serving Details
- Drink as required up to three cups of tea per day.
- Add one heaped teaspoon of tea to 250mL of boiled water and allow to brew (steep) for 3-5 minutes.