Peppermint Tea is a lovely herb that can be used in cooking and baking or added to smoothies. As a tea can be enjoyed hot or over ice, on its own or blended with other herbs or fruit, (e.g. hibiscus flowers or orange slices) to make a refreshing drink.
Peppermint is a great herb to aid digestion. In a small percentage of people, peppermint can be heating and promote perspiration. Therefore, if you are prone to excess heat or hot flushes, it is best to avoid the mint family.
Peppermint Tea Ingredients
Certified Organic Peppermint Leaves
- Convenient re-sealable pouch contains approximately 40g of tea.
Warnings, Interactions & Contraindications
- Peppermint tea may impair iron absorption, it is best to drink it away from meals or iron supplementation.
- Do not take peppermint tea if you suffer from oesophageal reflux, gallstones, a sensitivity to salicylates, or aspirin-induced asthma.
Dosage & Serving Details
- Drink as required up to three cups of tea per day.
- Add one heaped teaspoon of tea to 250mL of boiled water and allow to brew (steep) for 3-5 minutes.