These have a delicate spearmint flavour and a nice texture (not too icy). They can be chocolate-dipped for extra decadence and the avocado can be changed out for either banana or fresh coconut flesh.
I tried two versions: one using Spearmint Tea (the dried herb) and the other using fresh Spearmint. Either works well.
- If using Spearmint Tea – Use 2 tablespoons of the tea and grind it into a powder
- If using fresh Spearmint, Use 7g of fresh leaves, finely cut up
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 100g avocado
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 pieces (or thereabouts) 72% chocolate cut into fine pieces
- Add all of the ingredients except the chocolate, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- You may need to use a tamper to push the mixture down into the blades.
- Once mixed, use a spatula to remove the mixture from the blender into a bowl.
- Mix in the chocolate pieces, then carefully spoon the mixture into the ice block moulds.
- Remember to add your ice block sticks at this point, then place them in the freezer to freeze until hard.
- Once frozen, either eat them as they are or chocolate coat them if extra deliciousness.
NOTES: To make a quick chocolate coating, use 4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and to that add 2 tablespoon of cocoa and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Mix together and spoon over the frozen ice blocks.